I am a huge fan of the pasta shaped vegies; they’re a fun way to add more vegetable to your diet and shaking things up a little. So in my new series of healthy “vegfull” recipes, I’ll be making a few new dishes starting with this one. It’s full of goodness, quick & easy to make, all in one pan and tastes wonderful. Oh and it’s vegan too! So everybody can have it 🙂
As you may know, you could make these pasta vegies at home yourself if you have the right tools, but to be honest I can’t afford the time or patience to do it all the time, so getting them in the supermarket makes them more practical for me to use on a more regular basis. They’re a bit pricier of course, but I get to save some time! 😀
- green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp vegetable/rapeseed oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed/finely chopped
- 300g mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1/8 tsp ground tumeric
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- butternut squash fusilli
- courgette spagetti (1 large courgette)
- 1 red sweet pepper, diced
- 200g tomato passata
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dried wild oregano
- 1 vegetable stock pot (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Place a small pot over medium-high heat and fill with boiling hot water. Put the green beans in a steam basket with a lid and place over the boiling hot water. Steam for 5 minutes until slightly tender. Set aside. (If you want to skip this part, cook the green beans with the garlic for 10 minutes in the pan at step 2).
- Place a medium frying pan over medium-high heat, once hot pour in the oil and move the pan to cover all the surface. Then add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms & spices and toss together. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the squash fusilli, red pepper and passata. Stir and leave to cool for 3 minutes. Then add the courgette, vinegar, oregano and stockpot. Stir and taste. Allow to cool for 1 more minute, then taste and season to your liking.