This soup is absolutely delicious, healthy and guaranteed to warm up your day 🙂 It is also a great way to use up left-over rice.
- 1 tbsp vegetable/rapeseed oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or finely sliced
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 100g broccoli florets
- 800ml fish stock
- 2 courgettes, chopped into small pieces
- 200g salmon fillet
- 150g rice, cooked
- 1/8 tsp ground saffron, mixed with 50ml boiling hot water
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt & pepper
- chopped parsley
- Put the pan on medium-high heat, add oil. When hot, add the garlic and stir. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the carrots & broccoli, stir. Then add the stock. Bring to boil, reduce heat and put the lid on. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the courgettes & salmon, cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rice, saffron tea and lemon juice. Season to taste. Garnish with parsley when serving.